Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We Lost but We Won

*Fantasy Warning*

When Jonathan Sanchez allowed three hits, struck out 9 batters in 7 innings and picked up the win, he did what I thought he would do and that is he took advantage of a weak-hitting Dodgers lineup that would surely be resting one of it's starters. That start was the difference in my FB team's 2 week playoff series and I am in the finals. Thank you very much!

The situation is like the one in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where the gang challenges the fraternity to a flippy-cup match and they poison Dee's and the frat boys' drinks. They knew Dee would choke and they gained revenge out of it. Yes, they lost the match but they had multiple irons in the fire. I feel the same way. My real baseball team lost and the season will end in disappointment. To keep the fantasy talk as brief as possible, it's a little victory to move on to the finals.

**********************

To speak of other victories, I will start to watch more of the teams that will be in the playoffs but I am excited to watch the September call-ups. I would also be alright if Jonathan Broxton were shut down for the year. If there is a question as to whether or not he is hurt, pack him up. I just don't get the hate for him, though. He is one of the best closers in the game and he is still rather young. Some people can't help but hate on those who have the ability to produce and should have done better but did not. Those same people will be cheering loudly for him in Octobers in the future. That's the problem with stupid fans - every team has them.

No comments:

Post a Comment